Here you'll find an outline of this site and all of the information within.
Each student must bring a device, typically a laptop, to undertake her studies.
- Tablets, phones and netbooks are not acceptable devices.
- Laptops and some hybrid 2-in-1 devices are acceptable, but the device must meet minimum specifications.
- The College has organised an optional Purchase Portal to provide discounts for buying new devices.
A device repair strategy is required.
- Either a warranty, insurance or backup device, minimising interruption to studies if something happens.
- SSC IT Staff are available to provide support but cannot perform hardware repairs.
Software required for studies
- Microsoft Office and other packages are provided free
- Installations are available once your daughter commences at the College.
- Antivirus is required for older Windows devices (Windows 7/8/8.1). Windows 10 devices should use built in Windows Defender antivirus, and macOS doesn't need an antivirus if you're vigilant.
- The College uses OneDrive as the file system and recommends students to use this to keep their work automatically backed up.
- The College provides internet filtering services whilst on campus but not in your home. There are ways you can set up home filtering.